March 25, 2007

Background is Everything

The Right Time of Light





One of my favorite things about being a full time photographer is the oppurtunity to go back to the same place multiple times and making images that look different. I have been to this spot a few times and attempted to make an interesting image of Decatur's most iconic edifice. My mentor and friend Dave LaBelle uses a technique that I have found is my "missing link" for my landscape photography. Adding the element of a tree or by framing the photograph inside the space where the image resides help make the image become more visual. Also it helps give the photograph context and sense of scale. But I digress, my point about making pictures at different times of the day was to say that when you come to your spot and make the image at the right time it seems to transform the image from "almost" to "ah ha".

No comments: